The State Load Despatch Centre (SLDC) is the apex body constituted vide Section 31 of the Indian Electricity Act - 2003 (Central Act No. 36 of 2003) and complies with the directions stipulated in Section 33 to ensure integrated operation of the power system in the state of Assam. SLDC, ASSAM was established in the year 1983 is located at Kahilipara, Guwahati. SLDC, Assam is presently being operated by the state transmission utility of Assam i.e. Assam Electricity Grid Corporation Ltd. (AEGCL)
* Every licensee, generating company, generating station, sub-station and any other person connected with the operation of the power system shall comply with the directions issued by the State Load Despatch Centre (SLDC).
The responsibility of SLDC as enshrined in the statute includes:-
- Monitor & operate the state grid of Assam on real time basis through optimum scheduling & despatch in secure and economic ways, and in accordance with the provisions of Indian Electricity Grid Code (IEGC) and State Grid Code.
- Supervise and Control the intra-state transmission system.
- Keep account of the quantity of electricity transmitted through the state grid including the energy exchanged through Power Exchange entities, and bi-lateral trading through Open Access system.
- Comply with the operational guide-lines of NERLDC for overall system stability and security.
- SLDC implements the orders/directives from NERLDC, Shillong and other statutory bodies like CERC (Central Electricity Regulatory Commission), NERPC and The Assam Electricity Regulatory Commission (AERC).
- Penalty on Violation of Grid Discipline:- CERC imposed heavy Penalty on Overdrawal to enhance grid Performance as per SEC ...... of Indian Electricity Act.
- Forum of Load Despatchers : Forum of Load Despatchers (FOLD) is a forum of organizations carrying out System Control activities in India. It has been created on the basis of the decisions arrived in the Ninth meeting of Forum of Regulators (FOR) held at Bhubaneshwar on 14th and 15th November 2008. Inauguration of FOLD on 21st August 2009 at New Delhi by Honorable Union Minister of Power Shri Sushilkumar Shinde.
FUNCTIONS OF SLDC
Section 32 of The Electricity Act, 2003. (Functions of State Load Despatch Centres): ---
(1) The State Load Despatch Centre shall be the apex body to ensure integrated operation of the power system in a State.
(2) The State Load Despatch Centre shall -
(a) be responsible for optimum scheduling and despatch of electricity within a State, in accordance with the contracts entered into with the licensees or the generating companies operating in that State;
(b) monitor grid operations;
(c) keep accounts of the quantity of electricity transmitted through the State grid;
(d) exercise supervision and control over the intra-State transmission system; and
(e) be responsible for carrying out real time operations for grid control and despatch of electricity within the State through secure and economic operation of the State grid in accordance with the Grid Standards and the State Grid Code.
(3) The State Load Despatch Centre may levy and collect such fee and charges from the generating companies and licensees engaged in intra-State transmission of electricity as may be specified by the State Commission.
Compliance of directions
Section 33 of The Electricity Act, 2003. (Compliance of directions):-
(1) The State Load Despatch Centre in a State may give such directions and exercise such supervision and control as may be required for ensuring the integrated grid operations and for achieving the maximum economy and efficiency in the operation of power system in that State.
(2) Every licensee, generating company, generating station, sub-station and any other person connected with the operation of the power system shall comply with the directions issued by the State Load Depatch Centre under sub-section (1).
(3) The State Load Despatch Centre shall comply with the directions of the Regional Load Despatch Centre.;
(4) If any dispute arises with reference to the quality of electricity or safe, secure and integrated operation of the State grid or in relation to any direction given under sub-section (1), it shall be referred to the State Commission for decision:
Provided that pending the decision of the State Commission, the directions of the State Load Despatch Centre shall be complied with by the licensee or generating company.
(5) If any licensee, generating company or any other person fails to comply with the directions issued under sub-section(1), he shall be liable to a penalty not exceeding rupees five lacs.